Spinal Decompression & Pre/Post-Op Rehabilitation
Chiropractic Care for Spinal Decompression and Pre/Post-Operative Rehabilitation
- Provides pain relief. Decompression can relieve tension in tight, spasming, or injured muscles and stimulate the nervous system to release neuro-chemical signals that have an analgesic effect on the body. This can provide significant pain relief in as little as 1 to 3 sessions.
- Promotes healing of spinal disc tissues. Decompression imposes a vacuum-like force on the spinal discs, which helps to draw healing fluids, cells, and other substances toward the damaged tissue.
- Helps restore normal spinal disc and joint alignment. Things like stress, poor body mechanics, smoking, and other factors may cause joints to sublux (move out of place) or your discs to herniate. That same vacuum-like force that helps to realign the joints and discs, thus preventing further pain, inflammation, impaired mobility, and dysfunction.
- Relieves pressure on spinal nerves. Spinal nerves can get pinched when discs, bones, or other tissues encroach on the small spaces through which the nerves exit the spinal column as they go on to innervate the body. Non-surgically decompressing the spine increases the space around these nerves, which may otherwise have become impinged and inflamed, thus allowing these nerves to begin healing.
- Accelerates effectiveness of other healing approaches. At its core, spinal decompression helps to maximize your spinal health and function, and as we’ve heard the saying goes: a healthy spine supports a healthy body! By maximizing your spinal health through decompression, other therapeutic approaches offered at True Wellness, including functional medicine and cold laser therapy, tend to work better and faster.